So much to do, so much to see. Where will your travels take you to next?
Whether you are looking for a show-stopping destination or an epic and wild adventure, travel experts around the world have shared their favorite must-visit vacation spots that are bound to spark your wanderlust. This list is full of the best places to visit in 2020 with something that will suit every interest, whether it’s food, culture, shopping, history, or nature.
- Austria – Austria has really invented itself over the years, pouring its resources into cutting-edge art institutions, new hotels catering to younger crowds, and dozens of concerts and musical celebrations.
- Botswana – Choose from a slew of new safari lodges if you plan to visit Botswana in 2020. The Okavango Delta recently opened Natural Selection’s Tuludi, which is a treehouse-inspired camp with tented suites connected by elevated boardwalks. Near the edge of Chobe National park, you’ll find a new mobile camp called Linyanti Expeditions, where you can take walking safaris to see elephants, zebras, and rare birds. This trip is a great way to further your desire to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
- Chilean Lakes District – The Chilean Lakes District features clear skies and remarkable views. Stay in the iconic Hotel Antumalal, which was once visited by Queen Elizabeth II or stay in the luxury lodge of andBeyond Vira Vira, which boasts 56 acres offering impressive outdoor excursions and farm to table dining.
- Costa Rica – Be the first to visit several newly-opened eco-retreats that offer plenty of ways to unwind in Costa Rica. One of the most anticipated is Nayara Tented Camp, which is a safari-style retreat inside of a sloth sanctuary. The camp just opened in December and offers 29 family-friendly suites all linked by footbridges running across the rainforest.
- Israel – Take a trip to Israel to experience a rare blend of culture, history, and adventure. This destination spot is perfect for travelers of all ages. With a stunning nightlife that suits all ages. Great falafels and hummus can be found on almost any street corner. Take a day trip to Petra and explore the amazing beauty and magic of nearby Jordan. Not to be missed, take a salty dip into the Dead Sea. Enjoy the underground tunnels in the City of David or take a glimpse into the future at the Six Senses Shaharut, which is a desert-chic luxury hotel set to open in 2020.
- Dubai – The first World Expo to be held in the Middle East is none other than the Expo 2020 Dubai. Halfway between Dubai and Abu Dhabi is a 1,000-acre “District 2020” that will have multiple parks, a dedicated metro station, and over 200 restaurants and food venues. If you are a shopper the massive Dubai Mall is one of the largest shopping centers in the world which houses over 1,300 stores.